Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cham Cham


Tonight I had my very first cham cham, sometimes known as a pleasure boat.

The boyfriend is on set, so it's my duty to provide dinner and cooking was out of the question. We're in a heat wave, Tuesdays are for two hours of dream-following and Glee is on. I also made an embarrassingly mediocre batch of pasta last night. This lack of cable TV is compromising my inner Giada.

I recently heard an NPR report about parents making their children wear oral expanders to produce a more attractive smile. Apparently the wider the smile, the more attractive it is. And the more attractive it is, the better off you'll be in this world. Needless to say, Giada definitely had an oral expander.

Moving right along, I ended up at India Sweets & Spices, because saying "surprise me", when I ask what he wants means he's getting something Asian, spicy and mysterious.

I ordered a combo of whatever the nice man recommended and took notice of the glass case displaying rows upon rows of fun Indian sweets. One of the trays held what appeared to be a pile of burnt, oozing twinkies, called cham chams. I ordered one so I could hold a cham cham in my hand. I say cham cham daily in reference to kittens eating kibble or in my sleep while dreaming.

Cham chams are sweet and squishy, made with flour, cream, sugar, safron, lemon juice and coconut flakes. They taste nothing like twinkies, and are rockin' good.

India, don't stop it.

3 comments:

  1. You're a female heterosexual David Sedaris, and I cannot tell you how it pains me to say that.

    I was going to say you're a male heterosexual David Sedaris because I thought it would be funny. Not cuz of the gay. Because he acts like a lady.

    Anyway, I didn't because I thought no one would get it, but then I thought "hey, maybe someone will get it, and think it's really funny, and then maybe want to buy me things." So I shared it in this very convoluted matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura thank you for saying that im a straight lady Sedaris, though Amy probably holds that title.

    I do, however, long to be the female heterosexual Augusten Burroughs. Everything that man writes is insanely perfect and I heart him. I write on his FB page and he doesn't care about me. He also has french bulldogs.

    ReplyDelete